Yeah, it’s vegan. But my friend didn’t even know it! Trust me. You’ll love it.
LG’s Vegan Corn Chowda’
- 2 tbsp vegan margarine
- 1/2 cup yellow onion
- 2 med. potatoes (peeled and cut into smallish chunks)
- 3 cups vegetable broth (I like Knorr’s veggie bouillon cubes because they’re nice and salty)
- 1 tsp hot sauce (less or more depending on your personal taste)
- 2 tsp+ Worcester sauce
- 1 tsp Thyme (fresh is best, as usual)
- 1/2 to 1 tsp Paprika
- 2 tbsp white flour or cornstarch mixed in 1/4 cup cold water
- 1-1/2 cups Tofutti Better than Sour Cream + 1/8 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernals
- Fresh ground pepper
- Heat margarine and toss in onion, then potatoes. Cook potatoes halfway.
- Add veggie broth, hot sauce, Worcester sauce, thyme, and paprika and bring to a boil. Reduce until potatoes are cooked.
- Whisk in flour or cornstarch mixture (I prefer flour over cornstarch myself). Cook until it starts to thicken a bit.
- Blend or whisk the “sour cream” and non-dairy milk until smooth, then stir into the chowder.
- Stir in the corn kernals. Heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper, if you want.